Burns Supper at the Burren: despite the unwanted presence of hell-cold V.20, a success. We saw nineweaving and teenybuffalo and choco_frosh and multiple people not on DW. My throat has not even faintly stopped hurting, but my voice held up for "John Barleycorn" and various choruses, including a plangent "Loch Lomond" by someone whose name I never get even though he reminds me each year of Odysseus in the Iliad, unprepossessing until he opens his mouth. spatch and I went out in drizzling sleet and it was worth it. Now we are home and I am under an electric blanket and I feel this is the right place to be. P.S. There was haggis.
- 1: Cut through the ice among birds and seals
- 2: With no Congress to interfere, we might be able to arrange a wedding at the White House
- 3: We were ultra-bright with no stage fright
- 4: If I gave you forever, what would you give to me?
- 5: What's good looks got to do with romance?
- 6: Mind and care where you stand—mind and care where you lay your head
- 7: You don't need to know the time when there's no such thing as clocks
- 8: Bells ringing for the end of history
- 9: It's not malice, I'm just a mess
- 10: Say you have the second sight
- Style: Classic for Refried Tablet by and
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags