To conclude the exciting events of yesterday, my voice gave out completely around midnight and I have been functionally mute ever since. Even whispering hurts. I've been trying to reserve it for the cats. As for the knee, I can put less weight on it than yesterday, but I can still put weight on it, so I am getting around the apartment with a cane, which is freaking the cats out slightly. I am filing this entire situation under "on beyond stupid." At least my DVD of Michael Almereyda's Experimenter: The Stanley Milgram Story (2015) arrived, so I can show it to derspatchel. And Yoon Ha Lee's "Extracurricular Activities" (dedicated to me I think because I kept nudzhing him for more sex in the space opera) went live at Tor.com today. And Rob just discovered that the Scoop 'n' Scootery in Arlington Center delivers coconut-milk ice cream in addition to the regular dairy kind and ordered me some. I had hoped to write about the enjoyable mostly awful science fiction we watched last night in defiant observance of some kind of Valentine's Day, but I haven't had the attention for it. I might just go back to bed.
- 1: Until I die in a wave of fucking mystery
- 2: When somebody destroys me, I want to feel it
- 3: If he wants to run away, that's his business
- 4: Brother, what's my name?
- 5: If you leave the room, then the king leaves you
- 6: Apologies like the birds in the sky
- 7: A lie for a lie and your soul for sale
- 8: We'll sail our souls today, but pay tomorrow
- 9: Because the tide is high and it's rising still and I don't want to see it at my windowsill
- 10: Just a telephone wire and a railway track
- Style: Classic for Refried Tablet by and
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags