sovay: (Sydney Carton)
sovay ([personal profile] sovay) wrote2026-10-21 10:56 pm

You can't sleep with the sound of seals and I can't sleep without sound at all

My thirty-year-old sound system has not after all survived having its speakers ripped out of its subwoofer and its subwoofer pulled plug-wrenchingly from its power bar prior to being dropped on the dining room floor with its cord trailing mystifyingly into the kitchen. It was a treasured and redoubtable part of my office. It came from Cambridge SoundWorks of blessed memory in 1996 and lived with me through four different dorm rooms and eight or nine apartments and the most maintenance it ever required was an occasional stripping and recutting of wires and I have no idea what in the hell I can replace it with. It was stored in a box for a year once and was just fine on the other side. I have to estimate something for the insurance and beyond rubies is obviously not going to cut it.

On the other insurance front, after an unreasonable number of hours on the phone I have managed to file an appeal for the denial of coverage for my antibiotics last month. I spoke to some very sympathetic representatives along the way. Unfortunately it seems the clinician who could just have signed off on the prescription as written by my actual doctor was not of their mind. I should have a decision within the month. I feel like punching Kafka.

In other complaints, the Orionids are clouded out.
vass: Small turtle with green leaf in its mouth (Default)

[personal profile] vass 2026-10-22 09:24 am (UTC)(link)
I'm so sorry about both parts of this. Re the health insurance, you probably already know this, but I've heard it can help to ask about the specific qualifications of the person making the clinical decision.
thisbluespirit: (b7 - avon)

[personal profile] thisbluespirit 2026-10-22 09:51 am (UTC)(link)
Oh, I am so sorry! Good luck with wrestling with the insurance on both counts. <333