You can't just come into my garden in your football kit and start asking questions
To the very small number whom it may concern—although statistically likelier to occur on my friendlist than many places on the internet—I am flabbergasted to report that Leo Marks' The Girl Who Couldn't Quite (1950) has been uploaded to the Internet Archive. The acting edition by which I could compare the screenplay to the playscript continues to elude me, but I am thrilled by a decent transfer from a dead-out-of-print DVD—when I watched it off the crackly free Roku, it looked like it had gone through a boot. Cloudburst (1951) is sketchier in quality, but still available for an early Marks double feature should anyone other than me want one. Both come courtesy of the alphabetically idiosyncratic collection of Paul's British Films, which so far only goes up to J, but still encompasses nice copies of The Ghost Camera (1933) and The Gaunt Stranger (1938) and Cage of Gold (1950), to name some films I watched originally under fuzzier circumstances. Nice copies of some films I have been wanting to watch, too. I hope Paul makes it to the end of the alphabet. In the meantime, good grief.

no subject
Also: ooohh. *eyes*
no subject
Right? Enjoy!
[edit] Stop the presses, Paul's Non-Family TV Archive has an upload of 1975 Poldark that isn't potato quality. That improves my life considerably. Their Family TV and CFF Archives are full of titles I don't recognize and titles I read about more than twenty years ago on BFI Screenonline. I wonder if the uploader is one of the people who periodically shares caches of otherwise unfindable TV and movies to YouTube. If so, I have no idea if it will last longer on the Internet Archive, but I really appreciate it.
no subject
Meantime, gratitude for what we do get!
no subject
rarefilmm has a pretty nice one! But I would like to see it.
Meantime, gratitude for what we do get!
I am still out of luck on Cape Forlorn (1931), but incredibly happy about Bedelia (1946). Last year all the copies I could find were either blown out or staticky or both.
no subject
Huzzah! I am so delighted for you.
Nine
no subject
It's a fantastic archive. It had better hold long enough to exploit.