sovay: (Rotwang)
sovay ([personal profile] sovay) wrote2026-09-15 01:55 pm

And these strange steps trace us back

I have not slept in three or four nights and my insurance actually is trying to kill me, but [personal profile] theseatheseatheopensea makes a gorgeous case for Hugo Fregonese's The Raid (1954) in the August issue of Edición Sunset and Widow's Bay (2026–) swept its categories at the Emmys. I'd have been even happier with it on CD, but it may mark some kind of flashover in my relationship to Doctor Who that I have just spent a wistful half-hour listening to Gardens of the Dead (2015). The blue of the sky has blown off into fall.
gwynnega: (Basil Rathbone)

[personal profile] gwynnega 2026-09-15 06:16 pm (UTC)(link)
I hope you get some good sleep soon and that your insurance company stops being murderous.
gwynnega: (Leslie Howard mswyrr)

[personal profile] gwynnega 2026-09-15 06:40 pm (UTC)(link)
I hate that this sort of thing has become necessary for so many, but if your insurance won't approve the medication, maybe you could do a GoFundMe to pay for the meds?
thisbluespirit: (dw - five)

[personal profile] thisbluespirit 2026-09-15 06:38 pm (UTC)(link)
*hugs* I'm so sorry.

but it may mark some kind of flashover in my relationship to Doctor Who that I have just spent a wistful half-hour listening to Gardens of the Dead (2015).

Aw, well that part is cool! I hope it was good. <333
Edited 2026-09-15 18:40 (UTC)
thisbluespirit: (dw - five)

[personal profile] thisbluespirit 2026-09-15 07:35 pm (UTC)(link)
It really isn't!!

but it's sweet, spooky, melancholy, a great showcase for Mark Strickson doing an extremely good impression of Valentine Dyall and a hilariously bad one of Janet Fielding.

LOL, perfect, then! XD And, yeah, thank you so much, but while I get on with full cast audios, I really have extremely limited tolerance for single-voice audios, so it would be a no go. It's a nuisance, but there it is! I can listen to the four companion ones, though, so between us we make a whole Big Finisher or something. <3

Anyway, would you like some fic?

I did write a Turlough drabble I still like, but that's spoilery for Turlough's backstory, so hmm...

A Rough SKetch in Black and White (ETA: whoops, spoilery, sorry, I did NOT check thoroughly enough), which I do think of now as possibly being the flipside to Bleeding Out, which is a spot of Five-whumpage.

I wrote an AU with all four of them, a bit shippy, because it was for a Five era sedoretu, but I'm rather fond of it, if you don't mind that: Subdivide and Multiply

A couple of others I've written, which are a bit lighter and the s19 or Nyssa & Tegan teams - May Contain Multitudes and I did the AU Meme for Five, Nyssa & Tegan.

Plus, some Turlough recs:

Unreliable Narratives by lyricwritesprose - Five & Turlough coda to Enlightenment.

Also, Patrice on Teaspoon wrote some great novella-length missing Five adventures, quite a few with the Tegan, Turlough & Five line-up, although idk if any of them are spoilery, so tread with care. I don't think I've read all of them, which I must do sometime: https://www.whofic.com/viewuser.php?uid=140

(As usual, don't feel obliged! I've checked the shorter ones for Turlough spoilers.)
Edited 2026-09-15 19:38 (UTC)
theseatheseatheopensea: Blurry photo of Peter Hammill. (Find I'm befriended in a foreign town.)

[personal profile] theseatheseatheopensea 2026-09-15 11:36 pm (UTC)(link)
Health insurance is the worst and I'm sorry! >:(

The blue of the sky has blown off into fall.

What a beautiful thing! We're moving into spring here, but tonight's sudestada is delaying it, even if it's only for a little while. (Making small talk while on the lift earlier this evening, a neighbour commented on in, wondering if it would bring rain. No, I said, it's bringing cold weather.)

<3 I'd love to know what you think about The Raid, at any time in the future.
aurumcalendula: gold, blue, orange, and purple shapes on a black background (Default)

[personal profile] aurumcalendula 2026-09-15 11:53 pm (UTC)(link)
*hugs* I hope your sleep improves and your insurance company stops being murderous.

Gardens of the Dead sounds neat! Also, after poking around their site a bit, I'm delighted to find out that Big Finish has a bunch of Thirteenth Doctor stories featuring Jodie Whittaker and Mandip Gill!